Summer is an exciting time. We often find ourselves involved in new relationships, being presented with new opportunities, and even moving into new homes. I will be moving this August, and while it is exciting I also find it overwhelming sometimes.
The Root Chakra is related to feeling grounded and secure, so healing and strengthening it will help you release these fears and take on life with courage.
Here are 30 tips to strengthen and heal your Root Chakra:
1. Connect with nature. Head to a park, trail, forest, or beach and take it in – the sights, sounds, smells, textures, and maybe even tastes.
2. Tell yourself this affirmation daily: I am centered and grounded.
3. Take a flower essence blend. The Body flower essence blend is made specifically to support the Root Chakra.
4. Spend time in child’s pose. From your hands and knees, sit back on your heels with your arms stretched out in front of you and relax into the floor. Feel the ground supporting you.
5. Plant a garden. Working in the soil and helping something grow is a powerful way to connect to the world.
6. Be physically active. The Root Chakra is strongly related to our physical body, so any kind of activity is helpful. Try a gentle walk, weightlifting, chores around the house, or anything in between.
7. Eat red-colored foods such as apples, pomegranates, strawberries, raspberries, and beets.
8. Incorporate crystals such as garnet, ruby, bloodstone, and hematite.
9. Take a shower and actually be mindful of your body and its sensations.
11. Stretch it out with a wide-legged forward fold. This opens the groin and lower back where the Root Chakra is located.
12. Walk outside barefoot to increase your connection to the earth.
13. Decorate your home with a bouquet that incorporates red roses, red irises, angelica, or shooting star flowers.
14. Apply supporting essential oils such as the Body essential oil blend.
15. Use this daily affirmation: I am at peace with the people and events that occur in my life.
16. Wear glasses with red-tinted lenses.
17. Let loose and dance. Let the rhythm of the music guide your uninhibited movements.
18. Journal your responses to these prompts: In what ways do you feel supported or not? How do you connect to the natural world? How do you manage life’s challenges?
19. Eat other foods that support the Root Chakra such as root vegetables, mushrooms, and foods high in protein.
20. Spend time in mountain pose with your feet hip-width apart and your arms along your sides. This pose promotes feeling grounded like a mountain.
22. Try a 10-minute walking meditation where you focus on the sensations of lifting your foot, moving it, placing it back down, shifting the weight of your body, and so on.
23. Shift your mindset from scarcity to abundance by practicing gratitude, eliminating comparisons, and sharing what you have.
24. Drink a cup of Thrive tea which is specifically made with ingredients that support the Root Chakra.
25. Incorporate the color red into your décor at home and even at work when possible. Wear red-colored clothing.
26. Follow a guided meditation on YouTube designed to balance the Root Chakra.
27. Relax into corpse pose. While lying on your back with your arms and legs extended from your body symmetrically, gradually relax the entire body. Notice how you are fully supported by the ground.
28. Eat or make tea from herbs such as dandelion, comfrey leaf, red raspberry leaf, marshmallow, or oat straw.
29. Set an intention with regard to releasing fear, feeling grounded, or trusting yourself and post it around your home.
30. Use these techniques to strengthen your Root Chakra, they will leave you feeling courageous and secure. The new and changing circumstances of summer can bring up fear of the unknown and worries about the future.
If you would like to really explore the Root Chakra and the themes of fearlessness, financial security, PLUS learn more about Root Chakra crystals, Root Chakra foods, sound healing for this Chakra and more, Join us for our upcoming one-day Root Chakra Event in NYC.
This event will be held at a beautiful location in the city and will be catered by our favorite healthy chef. You'll learn all about this chakra and will leave feeling grounded, secure and safe in your own presence.