In honor of the fresh green energy of the Spring season we're sharing this beautiful recipe for the heart chakra. The heart chakra is the chakra which allows us to feel and radiate many emotions. It allows us to love ourselves and, therefore, to love others.
For these reasons, it’s important to keep your heart chakra balanced; eating green foods will help you do just that! Here is a recipe sneakily packed with green vegetables and herbs that will help you feel a little more love!
Spring Quinoa and Lentil Pasta with Basil and Kale Pesto
- 1 cup quinoa and/or lentil pasta (I used Ancient Harvest Pow! Pasta)
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 5 ounces kale (about 5 medium-sized, stemmed leaves)
- 2 tbsp organic walnuts
- 1 tbsp chickpea miso
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin boiling water for pasta with a pinch of salt and a touch of EVOO.
- When water begins boiling, toss pasta in for 7-9 minutes until al dente (if you’ve chosen a different pasta, look at instructions on box).
- Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl.
- Place basil and kale in food processor and roughly chop.
- Add walnuts, miso, EVOO and lemon juice, mix until almost creamy.
- Taste for salt and pepper, add as you’d like and blend until fully creamy.
- Gently fold pesto into pasta, top with whatever you’d like (I topped mine with fresh basil and walnuts plus a dash of sesame seeds and salt).
- Eat and enjoy!
Want to learn more about nourishing the Heart chakra?
Explore our beautiful collection of Heart Chakra products.