Paleo, Vegan, Grain Free AND Gluten free? Sign me up! These eggplant stacks are a much healthier (and easier) take on the traditional eggplant parmesan.
- 1 Eggplant
- Olive Oil & Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- Vegan Pesto (recipe from Food52)
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes
- Chopped Gotham Greens Basil (to taste!)
- Kite Hill Foods Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
*serves 2-3 people*
- Turn the oven on broil
- While the oven is preheating, cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices and dust it with olive oil and Himalayan sea salt
- Put the eggplant slices on a baking sheet and broil both sides until crispy
- While the eggplant is cooking put together the Vegan Pesto recipe
- Slice/chop the heirloom tomatoes, basil and walnuts
- Once eggplant is cooked and pesto is prepared - it's time to assemble!
- Make the stacks by layering one slice of eggplant, 1 tomato, a dollop of kite hill cheese and top with basil. Drizzle balsamic on top and sprinkle the plate with walnuts as a garnish
I'd love to hear what you think of this recipe if you make it- share with me in the comments!